From breaking ground and pouring the foundation to rough framing, drywall and roofing, seeing your new home come to life is exciting! Here’s a step-by-step guide to what you can expect when buying a new Melia home:
- Site Preparation – During this phase of construction, our crew clears and levels the site and sets the framework for the foundations and utilities. A city inspector will visit the site to assure that the foundations are top quality.
- Rough Framing – This is when the shell of your home is completed, including the floor systems, walls and roof structures. A second city inspection takes place.
- Rough Plumbing, Electrical & HVAC – At this point, the roofing is on and our licensed professionals can get started installing electrical, sewer lines, ductwork and the HVAC system. We’ll have two more inspections on the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Insulation – Now that the wiring is complete, it’s time to install insulation to make your home more comfortable and energy efficient.
- Drywall – Once we complete drywall, we’re in the final stretch. We’ll texturize walls, start painting and begin detailed exterior work such as brick, siding or stucco.
- Finishes – At this stage, it’s time for the fun stuff. Our team will begin putting all your personalized choices in place. We’ll install flooring, countertops, cabinetry, landscaping and more. We’ll also have our final inspection and obtain a certificate of occupancy.
- Final Walk Through – During your final walk through we will present your new home and show you all the features and systems work. You’ll have time to explore your new home and make sure that it is ready to enjoy on moving day.